Our dedicated volunteers make our mission possible and allow current and future generations of visitors to be inspired by our collection and our collective past.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Museum Store Volunteer
Volunteers in the museum store provide friendly customer service to visitors on a daily basis during museum hours Wednesday to Saturday, between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m., year-round. Various shifts are available.
- Interact with customers and assist with daily sales transactions
- Stock the shelves and clean the store as needed
- Unpacking and tagging merchandise
- Process transactions and handle money
- Help fulfill online orders
- Develop product knowledge, knowledge of inventory and back stock, and help manage the sales floor
- Assist store manager with projects as needed, i.e. photographing products
- 18 years or older
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality
- Physical ability to clean shelves, doors, merchandise and silver; restock floor merchandise and supplies; restock storage shelves
- Complimentary MCHC membership, including free library and museum admission
- Complimentary admission to MCHC lectures and programs
- Professional orientation and ongoing monthly training
- Annual enrichment field trip
- Ability to see the behind-the-scenes at MCHC
- An opportunity to make new friends with similar interests
Please complete the Volunteer Application , or mail your materials to:
Chloe Green, Education Programs and Volunteer Coordinator
Maryland Center for History and Culture
610 Park Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Questions? Contact Chloe Green at email@example.com.