Pathways Grant Program
The Pathways Grant Program provides support for projects at historical organizations throughout the state of Maryland. The goal is to build the long-term resiliency and efficacy of museums, historic sites, and other organizations that make up Maryland’s heritage community. Pathways is made possible by an annually recurring allocation from the state’s Preservation of Cultural Arts Fund. This fund was proposed by Senate President Thomas V. “Mike” Miller in the 2018 legislative session and enacted into law.
The Maryland Center for History and Culture is administering this grant program as an extension of our mission to educate people of all ages about the rich history and culture of Maryland and the nation.
Eligibility and Submission Process
Recent months have posed unprecedented challenges to Maryland’s heritage community. Like many of our peers, the Maryland Center for History and Culture’s operations have been impacted by COVID-19. This disruption has slightly delayed our anticipated August rollout of the FY2021 Pathways Grant Program.
- October 2, 2020: FY2021 guidelines and materials published
- November 13, 2020: Letters of Intent (LOIs) due;
- December 11, 2020: Full application due
- February 2021: Award announcements made
Other important notes:
- FY2021 Pathways funding is dependent on public revenue streams from the state of Maryland. We continue to monitor the challenges to the state budget posed by COVID-19.
- All submissions will be managed via the Submittable online grant portal.
- We are streamlining the application this year in response to COVID-19 and applicant feedback.
- All applicant workshops will be held virtually this year. Dates and access information will be published by October 2, 2020.
Thank you for your interest in this funding opportunity. We are excited to share the updated guidelines and application with you soon. In the meantime, sign up for our Pathways Grant email list to get all relevant updates.
Have a Question?
MCHC Pathways Workshops
What does “capacity-building” mean for my organization? How will applications be ranked and scored? We will answer these questions and more during a series of applicant workshops as part of the Pathways Grant Program. We will list the dates for upcoming workshops soon.