Losing Winter Participatory Workshop
WANTED: YOUR MEMORIES ABOUT WINTER IN MARYLAND!
Participate in the MCHC’s upcoming exhibition Losing Winter by sharing your memories connected to the season of winter. Join us for this virtual workshop to learn more about this participatory art project and to record your memory with featured artist Lynn Cazabon. Space is limited.
This virtual workshop is free and open to all audiences. Registration is required. After registering, attendees will receive an automated confirmation email with connection instructions.
Or, you can contribute a memory by recording a selfie-video using your own mobile phone.
- Choose a noteworthy memory that is connected to and/or occurred in the season of winter in Maryland. Of particular interest are memories of discrete events from your childhood.
- For the setting, choose a well-lit location that is quiet and where you will not be interrupted. If possible, go outside.
- Using the camera video mode on your phone, rotate the view towards yourself and fill the frame with your face. Hold your smart phone in vertical or portrait orientation.
- Press the record button. Speaking clearly, narrate the memory. Include as many details as you can, such as the location where the memory took place (e.g, in Hagerstown at my grandmother’s house), the time period, and your approximate age.
- Once you’re satisfied with the video, upload it here: https://rebrand.ly/losingwinter
- If you have any questions or problems with sharing your video, please contact us at: email@example.com