Skip menu to read main page content
magnify
x

Ruins of William C. Wilson house

Description

Ruins of William C. Wilson house at Charles Street and West Lake Avenue in Baltimore, Maryland. The house was located on the west side of Charles Street and the south side of Lake Avenue. A hand written note on the front of the print states: "Property now owned by Mrs. Douglas Gordon - now Mrs. Biddle". William C. Wilson (1809-1878) was a noted horticulturist, who raised Alderney cattle on the property.

Date

circa 1890s

Language(s)

English

Collection Number

PP3

Dimensions

4.75 x 5.25 inches

Extent

1 print

Resource ID

1111

Notes

Previous vertical file topical heading: Historic Houses

Digital Publisher

Digital resource provided by the Maryland Center for History and Culture

Rights

This digital image is made available here for private study, scholarship, and research. Commercial and other uses are prohibited without the permission of the Maryland Center for History and Culture. For more information, visit the MCHC’s Reproductions and Permissions web page.