Skip menu to read main page content
magnify
x

Stone Chapel, Pipe Creek

Description

Print of the Stone Chapel United Methodist Church, originally called Poulson's Chapel, and one of the earliest Methodist churches in the United States. This chapel was first built in 1783 in New Windsor, Maryland, was rebuilt in 1800, then again in 1883. The print is captioned "Stone Chapel, Pipe Creek. Built 1783. Re-built 1800. This house took the place of Strawbridge Log Chapel."

Date

circa 1855

Contributor(s)

A. Hoen & Co.

Contributor(s) Notes

Lithographer: A. Hoen & Co.

Language(s)

English

Collection Number

1988.61

Extent

1 print

Resource ID

3659

Digital Publisher

Digital resource provided by the Maryland Center for History and Culture

Rights

This digital image is made available here for private study, scholarship, and research. Commercial and other uses are prohibited without the permission of the Maryland Center for History and Culture. For more information, visit the MCHC’s Reproductions and Permissions web page.