Skip menu to read main page content
magnify
x

Entrance to the Provost-Marshal's building, Holliday Street, Baltimore

Description

Engraving from the front cover of the July 13, 1861 issue of Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper, number 295, volume 12. The full title of the illustration is "Entrance to the Provost-Marshal's building, Holliday Street, Baltimore, guarded by cannon to prevent the intrusion of the mob—Colonel Kenley acting as Provost-Marshal in place of Marshal Kane, confined in Fort M'Henry, on a charge of treason, by order of Major-Gen. Banks—from a sketch by our special artist."

Date

1861-07-13

Contributor(s) Notes

Engraver: Frank Leslie

Publisher

New York: Frank Leslie

Language(s)

English

Extent

1 page

Resource ID

3932

Digital Publisher

Digital resource provided by the Maryland Center for History and Culture

Rights

This digital image is made available here for private study, scholarship, and research. Commercial and other uses are prohibited without the permission of the Maryland Center for History and Culture. For more information, visit the MCHC’s Reproductions and Permissions web page.