Skip menu to read main page content
magnify
x

Perry Hall from the East

Description

"Perry Hall" is one of the few estates painted by Francis Guy which still survives. The original estate was constructed in the eighteenth century and included more than 1,000 acres. Numerous travelers during the nineteenth century remarked upon the impressive property which sits about a quarter of a mile south of the Gunpowder Falls in Baltimore City.

Date

circa 1805

Materials

Oil on canvas

Dimensions

22 x 30 inches

Resource ID

4272

Credit Line

The Dr. Michael and Marie Abrams Memorial Purchase Fund

Digital Publisher

Digital resource provided by the Maryland Center for History and Culture

Rights

This digital image is made available here for private study, scholarship, and research. Commercial and other uses are prohibited without the permission of the Maryland Center for History and Culture. For more information, visit the MCHC’s Reproductions and Permissions web page.