Skip menu to read main page content
magnify
x

Stereoview of Federal Hill observation decks

Description

View of the marine observatory tower in Federal Hill, Baltimore, Maryland. The observatory and tower were built in 1795 by Captain David Porter so that ships' arrivals could be signaled to residents and merchants.

Date

circa 1875

Publisher

Baltimore: W. M. Chase

Language(s)

English

Collection Number

PP1

Dimensions

3.25 x 6.75 inches

Extent

1 stereograph (2 prints mounted on card)

Resource ID

52

Digital Publisher

Digital resource provided by the Maryland Center for History and Culture

Rights

This digital image is made available here for private study, scholarship, and research. Commercial and other uses are prohibited without the permission of the Maryland Center for History and Culture. For more information, visit the MCHC’s Reproductions and Permissions web page.