The Benefactor’s Circle
Your History Lives On
Your history lives at the Maryland Center for History and Culture (MCHC) – in our exhibitions, our museum and library collections, educational programs and resources, and publications. Your history makes our institution one of the best storytellers of the Maryland experience. Without your support, we could not serve the countless researches, museum visitors, students, and teachers that we engage with every day.
The Benefactor’s Circle at MCHC makes sure that your history – and our history – lives on.
Through planned giving, donors ensure that their personal, financial and philanthropic goals are fulfilled beyond their lifetimes. Planned gifts allow donors to retain control of their assets during their days, while providing substantial financial and tax benefits to them, their heirs, and MCHC. At MCHC, planned gifts safeguard the organization’s future, ensuring that Maryland’s rich history continues to be collected, preserved, and shared. There is real power in planned giving.
There are many ways you can make a planned gift to support MCHC:
- Designate MCHC in your will, codicil, or revocable trust to receive a specific dollar amount or percentage of your estate
- Designate MCHC as a full, partial, or contingent revocable beneficiary of a retirement account, such as an IRA or 401k
- Name MCHC as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy
- Make a gift of a specific asset, such as stock, or bonds
As a Benefactor’s Circle Member, you enjoy:
- Special recognition in MCHC’s Annual Report
- Special recognition on MCHC’s Donor Board, located in the Henry and Judy Stansbury Lobby
- Exclusive networking opportunities and events
Interested donors may identify a specific area of MCHC’s operations to support with their planned gift, such as museum or library collections, educational programs, or general operating support. We are delighted to speak with interested donors to make sure their passion and spirit is captured in their planned gift.
While MCHC does not provide personal, legal, financial, tax, or other professional advice, we are happy to answer questions and talk about our planned giving program. Donors and prospective donors considering a planned gift are urged to seek counsel from their own professional advisors.
Please reach out to Hilary Chiang, Director of Individual Giving at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-685-3750, ext. 339