Sharpshooters badge consists of a red four-pronged emblem atop an octagonal dark blue patch. This uniform emblem was worn by Private Henry Adam Wise (1842-1899), Company B, 2nd Battalion, 2nd Maryland Infantry (CSA). Born at "Green Holly" in St. Mary's County, Wise helped organize the 2nd Maryland, enlisting on September 1, 1862, with his brother 2nd Lieutenant Charles Bennett Wise (1839-1921). Wise served in every engagement with the regiment until the surrender at Appomattox Court House. This may be one of the only surviving examples of a confederate sharpshooters badge.