Davidge Hall, University of Maryland School of Medicine
Davidge Hall of the University of Maryland School of Medicine, formerly known as the College of Medicine of Maryland. Located at 522 West Lombard Street in Baltimore, Davidge Hall is the founding building of the University of Maryland, Baltimore. The building is named after the school’s founder and first dean, John Beale Davidge. It was designed by architect Robert Carey Long, Sr. and constructed in 1812. The image also shows the Rosenfeld Building, built for E. Rosenfeld and Company in 1905 by a leading local architectural firm of the early 20th century, Parker and Thomas. It is located at 36-38 South Paca Street at the northwest corner of Lombard and Paca Streets.