Exterior of Brooklandwood
Exterior view of Brooklandwood (or Brookland Wood), an historic home in the Brooklandville community of Baltimore County, Maryland. Built in the mid-1790s on land purchased by Charles Carroll of Carrollton, Brooklandwood became the country home of Richard and Mary Carroll Caton. The estate was later owned by prominent banker George Brown, of Alexander Brown & Sons, and then Isaac Emerson, the inventor of Bromo-seltzer. In 1952 the property was developed for the St. Paul's School for Boys.