Exterior of Cloverhill
This three-story stone and wood mansion was called "Cloverhill" and was built around 1840 by John Merryman (1800?-1865?), son of Charles Merryman (1660-1724). The property was part of "Merryman's Lott," which was granted by Lord Baltimore to Charles Merryman in 1688. The Merryman family lived and farmed there until 1869. The property changed hands several times before being purchased by the Episcopal Diocese in 1909 and then was occupied by the bishops of Maryland. Cloverhill is located at the northeast corner of University Parkway and North Charles Street in the Tuscany-Canterbury neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland.