Skip menu to read main page content

Guilford mansion grounds


A fountain, benches, and sculpture on the grounds of the original Guilford mansion, a home built by William McDonald after inheriting the land from his father General McDonald in 1850. Arunah S. Abell, founder of The Sun, purchased the property in 1872 and it remained in the Abell family until it was sold to the Guilford Company in 1907. The house was eventually razed in 1914 and stood in what is now known as the Guilford neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland.





4.75 x 3.75 inches


1 print (from group of 5)

Resource ID


Digital Publisher

Digital resource provided by the Maryland Center for History and Culture


This digital image is made available here for private study, scholarship, and research. Commercial and other uses are prohibited without the permission of the Maryland Center for History and Culture. For more information, visit the MCHC’s Reproductions and Permissions web page.