Kitty Knight House
Side view of the Kitty Knight House located in Georgetown, Maryland. The building is comprised of two separate houses, the William Henry House and the Archibald Wright House, that were connected in approximately 1935. Supposedly, these two houses were saved from destruction by Catharine "Kitty" Knight (1775-1855) when the British attacked Georgetown in 1813 during the War of 1812. It's purported that Knight stood up to the leader of the raid, Admiral Cockburn, and convinced him to spare her home along with the neighboring home of an elderly woman. The houses were later joined and enlarged to form what became known as the Kitty Knight House.