Looking west on Lexington Street from Charles Street
An elevated view looking west on Lexington Street from Charles Street in Baltimore, Maryland. On the right is a portion of the Fidelity Building built in 1894. O'Neil's department store is on the left, and the Baltimore Gas and Electric Company Building (constructed in 1916 and designed by the architectural firm of Parker, Thomas and Rice) is the tall building in the background. Also shown is Kay Jewelry Company, Bachrach Photographers, Huyler's Restaurant, part of The Century Theatre sign, parked automobiles, streetcar tracks, horse-drawn carts, and a painted sign for Stewart and Company on the side of a building. The Fidelity and Baltimore Gas and Electric Company buildings were eventually incorporated into Charles Center.