Malvin B. Shurtz & Co.
Lithograph of the three-story Malvin B. Shurtz & Company, a purveyor of agricultural implements. The company was located at 19, 21, and 23 East Pratt Street in Baltimore, Maryland, between 1884-1887. The Eclipse Wind Engine, advertised on the print, was a geared windmill used to provide power on farms. It was invented by Reverend Leonard Wheeler in 1867 in Wisconsin. The scene in front of the building shows several people, horses and carriages, and a steam train engine. The text on the print reads: "Malvin B. Shurtz & Co., Eclipse Wind Engines, Southern Agents, Baltimore, MD, Six gold medals awarded."