Oakley, Baltimore, Maryland, from near gate
Oakley was the home of Reverend Franklin Wilson. Purchased in 1855, the estate was composed of 40 acres within the Baltimore City limits. The tall, Italianate villa either completely replaced or was a significant remodel of the original house. The house was sold in 1892 and by 1896 the house was razed. In 2020 the site was the north side of the 2000 block of Edmonston Avenue. A handwritten caption on the photo states: "House from near gate - abt- 1884".