Protesting Jim Crow admissions policy at Ford’s Theatre
Men and women in a picket line, holding NAACP Baltimore Branch protest signs, as they march against the Jim Crow admission policy at Ford's Theatre. Mrs. Adah Killion Jenkins is at the far left; Paul Robeson second from left; and Dr. John E.T. Camper fourth from left. By 1952, Ford's Theatre (once located at 320 West Fayette Street in Baltimore, Maryland) dropped its segregation policies, but struggled to remain open and was eventually demolished in 1964 to make room for a parking garage.