Saint Patrick’s Church
Saint Patrick's Church was located in the oldest Catholic parish in Baltimore City, Maryland, at 317 South Broadway Street. The land was originally purchased in 1805 by Reverend John Francis Moranville (1760-1824) and construction of the church was completed by 1807. Moranville went on to found America's first parochial school at the church in 1815. The original building was razed in the mid 1890s and rebuilt by 1898. The print depicts a horse and carriage passing in front of the church and people walking near the gate. The caption beneath the image reads, "Erected by the Revd. John F. Moranville A. D. 1806._ Consecrated by the most Revd. S. Eccleston on the 5th day of May 1844 and the 4th Sunday after Easter was appointed as the anniversary thereof._ Enlarged 1851, and the exterior improved 1855._ By the Revd. James Dolan, Pastor.___"