University of Maryland, Baltimore buildings
View of buildings on the University of Maryland, Baltimore campus at the corner of Green and Lombard Streets in Baltimore, Maryland, along with two parked cars. On the left is the School of Dentistry at 37-51 South Greene Street, known then as The Baltimore College of Dental Surgery (BCDS). In the center is Davidge Hall at 522 West Lombard Street, formerly known as the College of Medicine of Maryland and the founding building of the University of Maryland, Baltimore, and the University System of Maryland. Davidge Hall is the oldest building in the Western Hemisphere continuously used for medical education and is a circular domed, three-story building of heavy timber and steel construction, with massive brick walls. The building is named after the school’s founder and first dean, John Beale Davidge; it was designed by architect Robert Carey Long, Sr. and constructed in 1812. On the right is the Rosenfeld Building, built for E. Rosenfeld and Company in 1905 by a leading local architectural firm of the early 20th century, Parker and Thomas. It is located at 36-38 South Paca Street at the northwest corner of Lombard and Paca Streets.