Corner of Cathedral and Centre Streets, Baltimore, Maryland
DescriptionThis three-story Charleston-style mansion was located at the northeast corner of Cathedral Street and Centre Street in Baltimore, Maryland. It was built circa 1845 by Thomas P. Williams of North Carolina. The house stood back from the street and was surrounded on three sides by flower gardens. A notable architectural feature of the building was the columns that reached to the top of the second story. Known owners of the house were: from 1845-1849, Thomas P. Williams (1810-1886), from 1849-1873, John Williams (1804-1876), from 1874-1878, John Small Jr. (1808-1878), and from 1878-1891, Anna Small and Rebecca Small Rayburn. An inscription printed on the front of the photograph states: "PP 3.40 Corner of Cathedral and Centre Streets."