Guilford mansion bedroom
A second floor bedroom of the original Guilford mansion, a home built by William McDonald after inheriting the land from his father General McDonald in 1850. Arunah S. Abell, founder of The Sun, purchased the property in 1872 and it remained in the Abell family until it was sold to the Guilford Company in 1907. The house was eventually razed in 1914 and stood in what is now known as the Guilford neighborhood of Baltimore, Maryland.
The furniture belonged to the McDonalds then, later, to the Abells. This room in particular served as the bedroom for Arunah S. Abell's daughter Daisy throughout her time at Guilford.
Verso transcription: Guilford / 2nd floor bedroom / furniture used by McDonalds, later by Abells