The Firemen’s Insurance Co. of Baltimore
The Firemen's Insurance Company headquarters was constructed at the northeast corner of South Street and Water Street in Baltimore City, Maryland, by architect Charles L. Carson and builder George A. Blake. The building was erected in 1833-1834 and stood in some form until 1904. Originally three stories tall, the height was increased to five stories in 1890 and in 1902 it was increased further to seven stories. The building was destroyed during the Great Baltimore Fire of 1904 and the company subsequently went bankrupt .