Oil on canvas painting of "The Visitor", ca. 1910-1911, by Alice Worthington Ball. The artist (1869-1929) lived at 213 Monument Street, the current site of the Maryland Historical Society, from about 1906 until her death in 1929. She was involved in local arts organizations such as the Baltimore Watercolor Club, the Charcoal Club, and the Trustees of the Friends of Art. "The Visitor" shows two women drinking tea in front of a window; the view out the window represents the First and Franklin Street Presbyterian church at Park Avenue and West Madison Street as well as other buildings. The vantage point appears to be several stories up on Madison Street at Tyson Street, rather than the current site of the Maryland Historical Society. "The Visitor" was exhibited at the National Academy of Design (1911), the Connecticut Academy of the Fine Arts (1917), the Association of Women Painters and Sculptors in New York City, and at The Baltimore Museum of Art (1929).